Farringdon Chambers Careers
Farringdon Chambers has an excellent reputation, and enjoys a very experienced but dynamic clerks room. We have a broad base of first class solicitors. Our workload is constantly expanding and consequently we are looking to recruit in 3 separate call brackets:
- Probationary tenants. We are looking to offer any successful application with a view to tenancy.
- Junior tenants up to 5 years call. We are offering an opportunity which is ideal for those who are hoping to expand their experience and to significantly increase their work base. It offers the chance to take a practice to the next level.
- Senior tenants. Ideally we are looking for those whose mainstay of practice is already serious and heavy weight cases with a significant body of cases of this type.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be treated in confidence.
Junior Clerk Vacancy
Farringdon Chambers are recruiting a Junior Clerk. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual. The candidate must have a good work ethic and be reliable and able to work well within a team and on their own initiative. Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
Salary: depending on experience
Full Time Permanent Position
Hours: 9 – 6 Monday – Friday office based
Duties to include:
- To work under the direction of the Senior Clerk and other clerks and with the officers of the company to ensure the smooth running of chambers.
- To deal with email and telephone enquiries promptly and politely.
- To greet professional and lay clients in Chambers.
- To collect/deliver the Document Exchange (DX) and to empty the post tray(s) when required.
- To ensure that Chambers’ stationary, printer toner and refreshments are stocked and replenished.
- To update chambers’ computer records as directed, using Lex.
- To ensure the smooth running of case invitations on DCS (Digital Case System).
- To email/scan case papers/documents to members of Chambers and professional clients as directed.
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably by asked of you by the Senior Clerk or the officers of the company.
Farringdon Chambers welcomes application for mini-pupillage. We are committed to improving access to the Bar from all under-represented groups. We will consider all applications for mini-pupillage on a case by case basis.
Chambers offers unfunded placements which will run from between 2 – 5 days, depending on the availability of both Counsel and applicant.
All applications must be submitted in writing and will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- The applicant will be required to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of Chambers work;
- The academic ability of the applicant;
- The applicant’s drafting skills, which will be best demonstrated by their covering letter and any accompanying CV;
- The applicant’s public speaking and/or advocacy experience and any additional skills which have particular relevance to work at the Criminal Bar.
Applications will be assessed against our overarching aims of promoting access to the bar and equal opportunity. We particularly encourage applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, and from those with non-traditional backgrounds, including those who are underrepresented at the Bar. We actively seek to provide an opportunity for those who have had little exposure to the Criminal Bar. We ask that applicants to whom this may apply, outline any relevant information in their covering letter.
Places on this scheme will only be offered to those aged 18 years and above.
In order to apply please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the exact dates mini-pupillage is sought.
How does it work?
- Our usual approach is to review written applications from prospective tenants and then call in candidates for a single interview before a panel.
- We may also take up references.
- If you are successful in your application for tenancy, you will be contacted within 48 hours of your interview.